Oakridge blouse

Sewaholic Oakridge.
Sewaholic Oakridge.

I finally completed my first Oakridge blouse! I did my pattern adjustments a week ago, but didn’t actually sit down to sew it until yesterday.

I sewed the size 12, and graded down to a size 10 at the hips. I did a 1″ FBA, and made the bicep area of the sleeves wider using this tutorial from the Curvy Sewing Collective. I could actually grade the waist in a little bit more, as this blouse, while similar to the Granville shirt, is actually a bit of a looser fit. I like the way it fits as is though.

It’s a good thing I made more room in the bicep area of the sleeves though. I ¬†added 1″, and the fit is perfect. If I hadn’t adjusted them, the sleeves would have been a touch too snug.

The fabric is a lightweight polyester crepe that I purchased at Fabricland.

Sewaholic Oakridge.
Sewaholic Oakridge.

The only part of the instructions that I didn’t follow exactly was the collar. The instructions don’t include any edgestitching, and this fabric isn’t easy to iron. I knew that I’d be constantly pressing the seamed edge of the collar tie, so I decided to edgestitch it, which will solve this problem nicely. The instructions have you hand stitch the collar to the inside, which I also did not do. Because I was already edgestitching the tie, I simply edgestitched across the part of the collar that should have been hand stitched.

All told, I’m very happy with my new blouse, and will be starting my second later today. I have fabric for two more, though I think I will make one of them without the tie.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *